AcademicAcademic > Faculty of Engineering and Technology > Centre for Media and Communication Studies
Centre for Media & Communication Studies
The objectives of the programs in Mass Communication are as follows:
- To enable the students to apply skillfully the conceptual & practical approaches for deep understanding of intra communication, social communication, mass communication & global communication.
- To develop critical and evaluative thinking in students to find the barriers in communication process.
- To provide opportunities for the better understanding of the communication process, to dig out the problematic areas in the respective field & then to apply different research methods for future betterment.
- To provide the students practical knowledge of media content production through practical work in Campus radio FM106.6, computer skills lab, newspaper production.
- To establish a culture of analytical processing through group discussion, discussion forums, seminars and workshops to capacitate students to express the economic issues in well-bred and technical manners.
- To equip the students with modern technological skills for professional development, research and management in the field of communication.
- To equip the graduates with the training required to enter media markets and to work as competent media professionals in both government and private-sector organizations.