Transfer of Credit Hours/Migration Policy
- The regular meeting of the University of Gujrat designated committee shall be held 15 days before the commencement of a regular semester or as per directives of the Competent Authority.
- Based on an authentic/logical plea, duly supported by written evidence, one shall apply for transfer of credits from a Higher Education Commission, Pakistan, recognized University/degree awarding institute to the University of Gujrat (UOG) or within the UOG affiliated colleges/departments/degree programs/disciplines, at least one month before the commencement of aregular semester.
- Subject to the similarity and equivalence of at least 50% of courses of the respective discipline/degree and availability of seat(s), the transfer of credit request (s) shall be processed for a regular semester only, whereas no transfer of credits, what-soever, shall be allowed in the first semester and after the fifth semester.
- The merit of the applicant shall be higher or on at a par with the last admitted candidate in that particular discipline/degree program/batch.
- The desirous applicant shall submit the copies of all previous transcripts, his/her latest photograph, duly verified by the Registrar/Principal/Chairperson/Head of the Department of the institution he/she was enrolled in, along with an application on a plain paper.
- The applicant shall have CGPA of at least 2.00 on a scale of 1 to 4.
- Depending upon the similarity and equivalence of the courses, only Credit Hours of courses shall be transferred which shall have at least 65% marks.
- The Registrar shall place the request (s) for transfer of credits before the designated committee of UOG after getting recommendation from the concerned department.
- The Registrar shall issue NOC to the student concerned on the recommendation of the designated committee of UOG.
- The student concerned shall provide a Clearance Certificate from his/her previous institution and shall register himself/herself with the UOG within the stipulated time.
- The student shall have to cover the entire deficient course (s) (if any) within the stipulated time for the completion of a particular degree.
- Acceptance of transfer of credits does not entitle a student to hostel accommodation or any other facility for which the concerned authorizes shall have to be approached.
- The application fee for transfer of credits shall be the same as the latest admission application fee and deposited in the authorized branch of the designated bank.