CALL FOR PAPERS
TWO-DAY NATIONAL CONFERENCE AT UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT
In collaboration with Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University, Islamabad and Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
Title of The Conference:
Challenges to Inter-Faith Harmony in Pakistan: Strategies and Solutions
Sayeban-e-Pakistan for Pregamatic Social Inclusion and Egalitarianism
DATE: March 13-14, 2019
Introduction & Background:
Inter-Faith Harmony is an important idea in a multi-religion society. There should be well managed arrangements for religious co-existence in all parts of the globe. It is the reason in which the thought of Inter-Faith Harmony has achieved an immense significance in the background of societal, religious and financial state of affairs of Pakistan. Many global actions those have occurred in previous years, have bound the religious leaders to look for a few new ways and tools to support Inter-Faith Harmony. The terrorist-activities and some other inhuman attacks all over the globe have shaken the societies. Under this situation, it is necessary for the supporters of all faiths to implement the strategy of tolerance, peace, patience and Inter-Faith Harmony. Pakistan is a multi-religion country and also the neighbor of very important nations like Russia, Iran, India, Afghanistan and China. It is the need of the hour to deal with the followers of all religions justly and equally. As a multi-religion state, Pakistan cannot afford any discrimination, misbalance and ignoring attitudes towards religious minorities. Minorities have their own multidimensional significance. So, the idea should be accepted by all the segments of Pakistani public that the Inter-Faith Harmony will develop the religious matters of the populace positively and will carry a communal, ethical and financial revolution. It is tremendously essential to emphasize on the significance of the Inter-Faith Harmony through educational seminars, universities, media, workshops and public meetings in Pakistan. The lack of collective common sense, religious misconceptions, unfair and unjust election procedure for minorities, misinterpretations of Jehaad, the partial and prejudiced religious discourse, the migrations of the non-Muslims from Pakistan especially Hindus, insecurity of the holy sites of minorities, unjust distribution of socio-economic resources, the absence of the non-Muslim literature in the national educational curriculum, misuse of Blasphemy laws are some remarkable challenges to Inter-Faith Harmony in Pakistan. These challenges are needed to be addressed and analyzed in the light of basic Islamic Sources. This national conference is being managed for the understanding, interpretation and propagation of this healthy religious and civilizational thought.
Objectives of the Conference:
This conference aims:
1. To investigate and eliminate the challenges to Inter-Faith Harmony in Pakistan.
2. To analyze the causes and effects of the absence of Inter-Faith Harmony and co-existence in Pakistan.
3. To highlight the strategies and solutions for Inter-Faith Harmony in accordance with the Basic Islamic Sources.
4. To create social awareness and improve collective common sense in the society regarding Inter-Faith Harmony.
5. To develop mutual understanding among different religious sects of the society.
6. To eliminate the sense of insecurity and injustice among the religious minorities.
7. To ensure social justice and fair distribution of socio-economic resources.
8. To create an environment of fore-bearance, tolerance and co-existence in the society.
9. To suggest the actions and steps for the revival of Islamic concept related to Inter-Faith Harmony.
10. To highlight the role of media in the promotion of Inter-Faith Harmony.
11. To highlight the role of Universities, Religious Institutions, Governments, Religious Scholars, Civil Societies, Judiciary and Legislation Institutions to address the challenges to Inter-Faith Harmony.
Sub-Themes of the Conference:
1. Concept of Inter-Faith Harmony
2. Suicide Attacks and Islam
3. Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam
4. Islam and Human Rights
5. Challenges to Inter-Faith Harmony in Pakistan
6. Nature and Importance of Inter-Faith Dialogue
7. Religious Tolerance and the Basic Sources of Islam
8. Election Procedure for Minorities in Pakistan: Challenges and Remedies
9. Difference between Jehaad and Terrorism
10. Development and Security of Holy Sites of Minorities in Pakistan.
11. Education Curriculum and Reservations of religious Minorities in Pakistan.
12. Social Justice for Minorities and Islam
13. Historical Muslim Attitude towards Minorities.
14. The Role of Media in the Promotion of Inter-Faith Harmony.
15. The Role of Religious and Educational Institutions in promotion of Inter-Faith Harmony.
16. The Role of Judiciary and Legislation Institutions in promotion of Inter-Faith Harmony.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE CONFERENCE?
The call for papers of the conference is open for all researchers, academicians, policy makers, religious leaders and opinion leaders.
However, due to the highly important nature of the conference only the authors whose articles would be approved after double blind peer review will be invited to present their papers in the conference.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 05 February, 2019.
NOTIFICATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE ABSTRACT: 10 February, 2019.
FINAL PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 25 February, 2019.
PUBLICATION OF PAPERS: Selected papers will be recommended for publication in research journals like “Fikr-O-Nazar”, “The Islamic Studies” and
CONFERENCE DATE: March 13-14, 2019
Dr. Muhammad Riaz Mahmood
Assistant Professor, Department of Islamic Studies, University of Gujrat
Cell No +92 333 7453821
Dr. Arshad Munir Lagari
Chairperson, Department of Islamic Studies, University of Gujrat
Cell no: +92 331 6356433
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zia ul Haq
Director General, Islamic Research Institute,
International Islamic University,
Faisal Masjid Campus, Islamabad.
Phone No. 051-2281289
Cell Phone: +92 333 5635612