Due to climate change, fast urbanisation and unsteady political situations, disasters occur more often than before
This conference is sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, and IEEE Technical Committee of Scalable Computing (TCSC).
Conference dates: 21-23 June 2018
Extended paper submission deadline: 31 March 2018
Among a series of highly successful International Conferences on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC), the HPCC-2018 conference is the 20th edition of a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry, and government to address the resulting profound challenges and to present and discuss their new ideas, research results, applications and experience on all aspects of high performance computing and communications. IEEE HPCC-2018 is sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, and IEEE Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC).
The 2018 High-Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-2018) will provide a high-profile, leading-edge forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners to present state-of-art advances and innovations in theoretical foundations, systems, infrastructure, tools, testbeds, and applications for the HPCC, as well as to identify emerging research topics and define the future.
HPCC-2018 will be hosted in Exeter, the capital city of Devon and provides the county with a central base for education, medicine, religion, commerce and culture. The city is also home to the magnificent Exeter Cathedral, which dates back to Norman times. Exeter is also ideally placed to base a trip to branch out visiting places such as the famous Dartmoor National Park and the unspoilt beaches of the North and South Devon coastlines.
Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers to HPCC-2018. All accepted papers are expected to be included in IEEE Xplore and will be indexed by Engineering Index (EI). The authors of selected best papers will be invited post conference to extend their contributions for special issues of prestigious journals to be planned in conjunction with the conference
Natural and human disasters lead to serious financial losses and human deaths. To respond to disasters, various technologies such as space technology, existing 4G and emerging 5G mobile communications and intelligent ad hoc networks are used for rescuers to manage disasters.
The latest developments in smart information, communication and networking technologies, such as 5G communication, Internet of Things (IoT) networking, cloud computing, wearable devices, and video streaming technology, and versatile applications on smartphones, make the establishment of instant communication infrastructure possible and maintains a smooth communication system for disaster management.
The aim of this special session, in line with the 20th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2018), is to provide a forum for the researchers, operators, and government administrators to share the latest technical development, good practice and experience learned from dealing with disasters.
Topics to be covered in this special session include, but are not limited to:
- a) 5G technology for disaster management
- b) Mobile Edge Computing / Fog Computing for disaster management
- c) Software Defined networking for disaster management
- d) Location and tracking based services for disaster management
- e) Ad hoc and multi-hop wireless networks for disaster monitoring and communications
- f) Internet of Things (IoT) for disaster monitoring and management
- g) Cloud computing for disaster management
- h) Applications of smartphones and apps for disaster management
- i) Satellite communications for disaster management
- j) Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for disaster management
- k) Robotics for disaster management
- l) Human Computer Interaction for disaster management
- m) Practice and experience from disaster management
- n) Government policies for disaster management
- o) Standardisation for disaster management
|Extended paper submission deadline||15 April 2018|
|Authors' notification||22 April 2018|
|Camera-ready paper due||12 May 2018|
|Early registration due||12 May 2018|
|Conference date||28-30 June 2018|
Pak-UK Institute of Innovative Technologies for Disaster Management
University of Gujrat
Hafiz Hayat Campus
Email: [email protected]
Senior Lecturer in Mobile Computing, Division of Computer Science and Informatics London South Bank University
London South Bank University
103 Borough Road
Email: [email protected]
- Tasos Dagiuklas, London South Bank University, UK
Prof. Dr. Ahsan Abdullah University of Lahore Gujrat Campus
- Ilias Politis University of Patras, Greece
- Dr. Sohail Masood Bhatti University of Lahore Gujrat Campus.
- Shahzada Babar, University of Gujrat Pakistan
- George Ubakanma, London South Bank University, UK
- Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Yang Gao, University of Surrey UK
- Vincenzo De Florio, Vito, Belgium
- Zhili Sun, University of Surrey, UK
- Andrei Tchernykh, CICESE Research Center, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
- Evangelos Markakis, Research & Development of Telecommunication Systems Laboratory, Crete, Greece
- Henry Wang, University of West London, UK
- Shancang Li, University of the West of England, UK
Previous workshops on Disaster Management
- 1st International Workshop on “5G Emerging Technologies for Disaster Management”, 14-17 January 2015 in Islamabad, Pakistan
- 2nd International Workshop on “Smart ICT Infrastructures for Disaster Management and Resilience”, 15-17 December 2015 in Kathmandu, Nepal
3rd The International Workshop on Resilient Computing Platforms and Technologies for Disaster Management 21-23 June 2017 (RESCUE-2017) Exeter, Devon UK