Directorate of External Linkages & Cooperation is just like a front office and face index of the University of Gujrat to highlight and promote vision and objectives to the external world. This office will be mainly responsible to deal with the external responsibilities of the UOG.
The Directorate of external linkages will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Develop and update a database of UOG graduates, its constituent campuses and affiliated colleges. Develop government and non-government organizations working in the catchment area of the university, eminent scholars, and resource persons associated with the university.
- Arrange workshops for faculty, students, research scholars and development programs.
- Coordination with National Internship Programme for hunting talent for UOG.
- Build linkages with National Vocational and Technical Education Commission (NAVTEC), TEVTA, Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Gujrat, Gujranwala and Sialkot for imparting market-driven & need-based short training courses for graduates and under graduates.
- Develop institutional framework with National Public Universities, the HEC and other national / international organizations for promoting co-curricular activities and inter-university interaction among the faculty and students.
- Close coordination with the National Volunteer Movement, Ministry of Youth Affairs to explore opportunities for the young students and to promote the volunteerism for social development and disaster risk reduction.
- Arrange financial assistance from government departments and non-government agencies and award of scholarship / stipends to the deserving students.
- Liaison with local administration, Provincial & Federal Government Departments and non-government organizations for facilitating the academic and development activities of this university.
- Look after the students' affairs in coordination with the concerned authorities of the university and its constituent colleges.
- Facilitate the establishment of Learning and Faculty Development Resource Centre for faculty and students in the main campus and in the constituent & affiliated colleges with the assistance of HEC and concerned authorities.